Switchboard Upgrades & Installations
Stay safe with professional switchboard upgrades by General Electrical Services (G.E.S).
When it comes to switchboard upgrades, G.E.S is here to help with over 15 years experience along with its team of skilled electricians. Old homes mostly have age-old wiring system and now-obsolete switchboards which function poorly and do not provide enough power supply to latest devices. Even more, these switchboards are hardly equipped with electrical safety switches. So get a better and reliable switchboard installation or upgrade for your home or residential apartment
Why are switchboard upgrades necessary for your household?
- Outdated switchboards are highly prone to short-circuits. Their fuses are more harmful as those fuses tend to catch and spread fire easily. Also there are chances of electrical shock with these old boards. The electrical safety switch, available these days with the latest switchboards, makes sure that you do not get electric shock or electrocution due to a fire breakout. An electrical safety switch shuts down the main power supply as soon as it senses the slightest hint of any power leakage from a broken wire or switch.
- A few decades ago, your household was not furnished with tons of electrical appliances or devices. In those days, just a heater, chimney, dish washer, refrigerator and oven used to do it all. So a better switchboard installation or upgrade was not required. Homes now have multiple computers, cooler rooms, vacuum cleaners, dryers, washing machines, stereos, fitness equipment, microwaves, pool pumps, home theatres and much more.
- If you experience frequent power tripping then it’s most likely that you need a switchboard upgrade. Older boards are designed to supply power to a small number of kitchen or household appliances.
- Everything has a use by date. If your home still has a ceramic fuse box with re-wireable fuses in the meter box then it has passed its use by date, and your switchboard is an electrical hazard. Today’s switchboards are fitted with automatic trip circuit breakers and safety switches which cut the electricity when there is an electrical fault. This can save your electrical cables catching on fire or even save a life from electrocution.
- In our experience at G.E.S , the majority of our emergency after hour electrical break downs are due to poorly installed switchboards and old ceramic fuse boxes.